1. What is franchising?
A franchise can be the perfect option for someone wanting to start a business, but with support and backing. The best way to describe franchising is to see it as an extension of another company, they use the same trademark, products, advertising methods and services of the main company that it was derived from. It is often said that franchising is a way of being in business for yourself but not by yourself. Franchising is without doubt the most successful business mechanism in the modern world.
2. The roles and responsibilities in franchising are as follows:
2.1 The Franchisor
- provides an established and tested business system
- has an established name, brand and trade-mark
- sells “clones” of his concept in order to grow the business and build the brand
- supplies corporate power, know-how, training and support services
- gains a new outlet with minimum capital investment in setting up
- expands his network cost-effectively
- benefits from franchisee’s financial and management investment in network growth
2.2 The Franchisee
- benefits through a business start-up based on a ready-made business package.
- buys the rights to advertise and sell goods or services and in effect clones the whole business package of the franchisor in a specific area for a specific period of time.
- invests capital, time and effort to replicate the business according to the franchisor’s system.
- must follow the franchisor’s standards, methods, procedures, techniques and marketing plans.
- must pay a fee to the franchisor for the right to use the trade marks and business system.
- must market the brand, work the operating system and use the support system to get and keep customers.
- gets a blueprint on how to succeed in an independent business.
3. A Franchise opportunity
Experi-Buddies believe that science should be part of foundation phase education because at this young age you are building a foundation for future learning and scientific understanding. A young child is naturally curious and there is nothing that you need to do to promote their wonder and fascination of the world.
Their curiosity makes this the perfect time to answer questions and help them create an understanding of how the world works. These young and curious children are able to dive into topics such as physics, biology and chemistry without bias or fear.
We believe that the young child must be exposed to the correct scientific terminology and that the more the child hears it, the more they will understand. We expose the young child to multiple experiences of the same topic. It is this repetition of a topic in different forms that will help them to gain understanding.
We also believe that we need to get young children thinking scientifically at an early age because there is so much to explore!
If you share these views and passion for learning, science and young children then this franchise opportunity might be for you.
4. Who should apply to become an Experi-Buddies™ Franchisee
4.1 Attributes required to become a Franchisee include, amongst others:
- Experience in working with children is an advantage, especially in groups.
- Passion for science, learning and young children.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Sense of fun and LOTS of energy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently but still be part of the Experi-Buddies team.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook at a minimum.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- High level of professionalism.
4.2 Tools/Equipment required:
- Own computer and access to the Internet and e-mail.
- Own car and in possession of a valid drivers license.
4.3 Why purchase a franchise?
- Low start up costs and overheads.
- Manual with step-by-step instructions for classes and tested experiments.
- Right to use an established and registered trademark.
- Have flexible hours – ideal for a mother with young children.
- Support in the running of your own business.
- Start-up training and back up support.
- Web advertising.
- Support from other franchisees and franchisor.
- Transfer and sharing of skills and ideas.
- Increased potential for success.